Connection



I dreamt we spoke again
I dreamt we hugged again
I dreamt we kissed again
Like when we were falling in love with each other
Like when we decided there wouldn’t be no other

I want to be your hurricane
The one that sweeps you off your feet
The one that makes you dizzy with happiness
The one that makes you feel above the clouds
Like when we were falling in love with each other
Like when we decided we wanted to live together

I want you and I to live in summer years
And I want you and I to see the Northern lights again
I want winter to make us look for warmth in each other
And spring to bring back the life we’ve always wanted
And whenever autumn comes, my love,
I’ll be there to protect you from the rain


francisco j. brenes
05/08/19
based on Death Cab for Cutie’s “Thank you for Today” song titles.

Comments